Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Parse error

Hi,

I've just installed CollectiveAccess and I'm having trouble with the setup php line that changes the name of the site. It won't let me change it to "Vintage Fascination", instead it gives me the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'Fascination”' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ')' in /homepages/11/d670305504/htdocs/providence/setup.php on line 54

I've tried to change it to 'VintageFascination' and that allows the site to load, but then the title on the top includes the quotation marks, am I missing something?

Thanks,
April

Comments

• Make sure you didn't lose a quote. If you don't see where you've missed it post the file and I'll post the correction you need.
  • The admin email wasn't working either, so I just put "no" in there to get the site to work.
  • Ok your text editor is replacing the regular double quotes with curly quotes, which look ok to humans but not to the PHP parser. What text editor are you using to edit the file? 
  • TextEdit on Mac and FileZilla. I can copy and paste the straight quotes over the curly quotes, though.
  • I copy and pasted the straight quotes and it works now, thanks so much!