Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Hierarchical Display in 1.7rc1. (SOLVED)

edited April 13 in Feedback
Hi
This problem was posted by me and also brucek some time ago but seems to persist in 1.7rc1. Bruce had a go at trying to resolve it and I am sure if he was successful he would have posted the solution.
The following expression in a display template used to print the whole tree-
<case><if rule="^ca_objects.type_id =~ /Printed Documents/"> ^ca_objects.printed_document_objects.hierarchy.preferred_labels.name_plural%delimiter=_➞_
This
no longer displays the hierarchal list starting from the top down to
the bottom I now get the bottom item displayed repeatedly like this.
Sub-Category
Book, Time ➞ Book, Time ➞ Book, Time ➞ Book, Time.
Any ideas?.
Eric
Using ubuntu 16.04.4 Firefox 52.02, PHP 7.0.15 Providence 1.7rc1 schema 146

Comments

• This display template is used where exactly?
  • This display template is used in a summary display which I edited and renamed Accession Record. It worked fine in an earlier version. The attached screen shot shows how the summary display used to look.
    When using the object editor the main category is chosen from the New Object menu then when editing the description of the object there is a hierarchical list to choose the subcategory from. The display in the Summary Screen is the hierarchical list Hope I have explained this ok..

593 x 323 - 35K
  • If you can look at brucek's post Pawtucket2 Hierarchy listing broke dated 25 March it may provide better info that i can.
  • This is in fact broken. I'm working on a fix.
  • There's a fix for this in Providence develop. Let me know how it works for you. I'll have a Providence 1.7 release together shortly.
  • Hi Seth, Seems to be working fine now -very much appreciated Eric