Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Annotations for images

Hi all! 

Is there a documentation available for explaining how to use the Related Annotations for Object representations? I'm trying to add annotations to an image I uploaded but I'm getting some errors. Also,I'm confused on what to encode on the sub-elements of the metadata (i.e. X, Y, Width, Height, Text X, Text Y, Text Width, etc.).

Thank you
1366 x 768 - 390K
1366 x 768 - 165K

Comments

• The annotation interface in the representation UI is broken in some respects. Try adding them via the representations bundle in the object editor .
    Those X, Y, Width, Height, etc. values are the raw values the image viewer/annotation client is saving. They are there for debugging but aren't terribly useful from a user's perspective.

There is documentation on how it works in the code itself if you want to look. All geometry values for annotations are recorded as percentages of the image's native width and height. Eg. for an image that is 2000px width and 4000px high, if an annotation is at 1000px width-wise, and 1000px from the top-edge height-wise the X and Y coordinates would be 50 and 25 respectively.

• Noted on this, Seth.

Thanks!