Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Installing Providence - setup.php stops on Splash Screen

edited August 29 in Installation
In trying to get a server up and running, I've gotten to "In a web browser navigate to the web-based installer. If the URL for your installation server is" and am entering my URL with /install as documented. 

Instead of "Enter your email address and select the installation profile that best fits your needs. Then click on the "begin" button.",  I get the installer's splash screen and nothing else and no perceivable way to move ahead.

setup.php has been edited and rechecked several times to see if I've made an error. I can't find any.

MySQL is running, an empty database exists and the name is correctly entered in setup.php. 

Mac OS X 10.11.6, OS X Server 5.2, Providence 1.7.5

The Providence folder is in the web server's root directory, along with other functioning sites. It is renamed from "providence-1.7.5" to "caccess" but all contents have remained as they were with the exception of the duplicated and edited setup.php. Permissions to read/write is set for all.

Comments

• Still haven't managed to resolve this and hope for some ideas.

I get the logo and h1 display of version 1.7.5. The PHP never renders the rest of the page leaving several open tags; html, body, divs.... But I never get an error.

PHP is running on the server, version 5.5.38.

No sign of permissions issues.
  • I'm having the exact same problem on an Ubuntu Server 16 machine trying to install Providence 1.7.5. Would appreciate anyone's insight.
  • Hi,

In your setup.php file are __CA_ENABLE_DEBUG_OUTPUT__ and __CA_STACKTRACE_ON_EXCEPTION__ set to true? They will display any errors in the system and without them you can get (by design) blank pages when exceptions occur.

-Mike
  • I recall that the problem was that I did not enter the database information correctly in the setup.php screen. The other problem might be the permissions setting of the folders. Hopefully that works.