Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Providence profile skewed to disallow public, Pawtucket access?

Hi all,

This past summer, I followed two other organizations from an Embark (Gallery Systems) CMS into CollectiveAccess. I used the same or similar profiles they had (see attached), and after a local CA meetup yesterday, we realized that there seems to be that the code for the 'Access' metadata element was altered to remove public access. We have Pawtucket configured, and unfortunately this one thing prohibits us from sharing our stuff.

I've attached the original xml file that our system was based off, and it looks like lines 53 - 85 are the ones involved. I'm also attaching a couple screenshots to show what things look like on the UI.

xml
1920 x 900 - 582K
1920 x 900 - 513K

Comments

• Are you sure you're adding the value to the correct list through the UI? It should have the list id: access_statuses.
  • Julia,

Thanks for responding! 
    I haven't altered this field. The list id is access_statuses. with the list items as seen in the previous attachment. I cannot find a field with the code name 'access_status' in the UI management screen. The only thing I can find that relates in the UI management screen is a field with 'bundle name: access'. I have this field in my UI objects screen, but this field only offers All Staff, Curatorial, and Registration Only as list options (no Public option).

• Yes, the bundle code is "access". Try adding a list item to access_statuses with the list item id "public_access".
  • Okay, I did that, and I on my objects page, I have the Access list with Public Access now showing as an additional option, but when I save, it reverts back to the default setting (registration only). Any thoughts on that?

• Can you share a screenshot of the new list item? Is this the only field that reverts after save, or do others as well? What version are you running?
  • I am running Version 1.7. I attached an image that highlights the field I created ('Public' was an inherited list item here, but doesn't show on the actual list box), then you can see that I selected Public Access on the object, and that it reverted to the default "Registration Only" when I saved.

1920 x 952 - 386K
    1920 x 952 - 418K
    1920 x 952 - 417K
  • This still isn't working. Do you have any suggestions?

• Is it possible to access your system (if so: support@collectiveaccess.org)? Also, can you please answer the prior question: Is this the only field that reverts after save, or do others as well?