Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

PDF output with image missing

Hello,

I installed Provenance and Pawtucket2. When I try to download a PDF of an object I get the summary page but with a missing image. How to fix this so that the image is displayed too? Thanks.

Comments

• In Providence or Pawtucket?
  • Got it fixed. Thanks @Seth.

I have another question though. How to customize the front end Object page to display more information? For example, Object description? Thanks.
  • edited February 6
    What was the fix here for the PDF thumbnail issue? Also have issues with this... @jamal @Seth
  • Hi dag2108,

Is this in Providence or Pawtucket?  Are you able to see PDF preview images elsewhere in the system?
  • Hi @sophie

This is happening in both Providence and Pawtucket with both domPDF and wkhtmltopdf when I try to export a PDF summary of an object. The PDF renders but the representation image is missing. Using wkhtmltopdf a border for the image appears, but is empty. On the PDF generated by domPDF, there is an "Image Not Found" message and a broken thumbnail image. Their is also a hyperlink on the thumbnail, which actually loads the correct image when clicked. I've attached screenshots of both cases (domPDF and wkhtmltopdf)

Thanks
  • Hi dag2108,

Are you able to see preview images for PDF elsewhere in the system, such as on the summary screen or in search results?
  • Hi @sophie,

Yes, I'm able to see preview images for PDFs in the system but that's not really my issue. My issue is that the representation thumbnails are broken when I generate PDF summaries. Did my attachments on my previous message come through?

Thanks
  • Hi,

Make sure the URLs being generated for your media are resolvable on the web server. What the PDF system does is embed URLs to the image in the output. The PDF processor then grabs the images at these URLs as it encodes the final PDF. This all happens on the web server, so if those media URLs don't actually work on the web server (which can happen with some DNS set ups) then you'll get missing images.

seth