Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

RESOLVED - Image file path in XML Export

edited November 29 in Troubleshooting
Greetings -
I'm building a mapping to export information to an image-processing application and would like to include the title, the size, and a path to the image.  I've figured out the title & size, but can't see how to export the file-path, Is this possible?
thanks very much,
Paul

Comments

• edited November 28
    Sorry, I made some progress and realize I've left off some helpful information:
    Running CollectiveAccess 1.6.1 on Linux 2.6.32

My mapping is as follows:
    Rule type ID Parent ID Element Source
    Mapping   1   object
    Mapping   2   1   @idno ca_objects.idno
    Mapping   3   1   title ca_objects.preferred_labels
    Mapping   4   1   width ca_objects.work_dimensions.dimensions_width
    Mapping   5   1   path ca_object_representations.media
    Mapping   6   1   label ca_object_representations.preferred_labels
    Mapping   7   1   status ca_object_representations.status

With that I am getting some valid XML (see below).  The only thing I'd like to see differently is the path to the original, full-size file instead of the icon.  Is that possible?
    thanks!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <object idno="WST_506-08">
      <title>Weston Model 506 DC Miliammeter</title>
      <width>2.3120 in</width>
      <path>http://paulcarbone.com/providence/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/73208_ca_object_representations_media_111_icon.jpg</path>;
      <label>front</label>
      <status>new</status>
    </object>

table { }td { padding-top: 1px; padding-right: 1px; padding-left: 1px; color: windowtext; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: bottom; border: medium none; white-space: nowrap; }.xl63 { color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: 700; font-family: Arial; text-align: left; vertical-align: top; }.xl64 { font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial; vertical-align: top; }
  • ca_object_representations.media.original

there it is!  well, I've solved my own problem, hopefully this will help someone else.
    thanks for watching...