Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

  1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

  2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

  3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

  4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

  5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.


If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

  1. Data sample

  2. Your mapping


Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

search for idno with dots

Hello
I have some entities that have the idno composed of a prefix followed by a a dot and an identifier: (i.e.  A.1234)

I can't find the by searching for A.1234 but I find them only with 1234

Why the dot create this problem? how to fix it ?

thanks
z.

Comments

  • Hello!

    We have the same issue here. Our objects' idno may contain dots in them, and in those with dots the quick search doesn't work.
    For example: searching for a document with idno "ABC.12/0000123", putting this value in the search field, nothing shows up in the results.
    But searching for the idno "ABC/0000123" (another document, in a different hierarchy, without dots), the results are correct.

    The issue seems to be occurring only with the dots. Maybe the dot is interpreted as a separator, as in the syntax "objects.some_field"?
    As an alternative, we are searching explicitly for idnos using "idno:ABC.12/0000123" in the quick search. This way, the results are showing correctly.

    Our approach is the correct one? There is no way to fix the dots in the search?

    Thanks
  • Hello again!

    Sorry for not finding that this issue was already answered before. I found that there is a similar problem solution provided in the Cookbooks:
    http://docs.collectiveaccess.org/wiki/Cookbook_Chapter_5:_Configuration_Files#My_IDs_are_not_coming_up_in_the_search.2C_but_I_know_they_are_there.21

    What we did was add a "\." in the values for indexing_tokenizer_regex and search_tokenizer_regex in the search.conf file.
    They are now like this:
    indexing_tokenizer_regex = ^\pL\pN\pNd/_#\@\&\-\.
    search_tokenizer_regex = ^\pL\pN\pNd/_#\@\&\-\.
    And the search for idnos with dots are working perfectly now!

    Thanks again!
Sign In or Register to comment.